Commencement speeches contain great career advice.
We’ve pulled together the best we could find, old and new, you can watch and read them below.
Our favorite by far is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s “6 Rules for Success” speech that he first gave to USC graduates in 2009. It’s full of passion with real life stories everyone can relate to and learn from.
This speech is a home run.
Here are a few memorable quotes from our favorite that speech and others.
- “I haven’t hear applause like that since I announced I was going to stop acting.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “You can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “It is impossible to be a maverick, or a true original, if you’re too well behaved and don’t want to break the rules. You have to think outside the box. What is the point of being on this earth if all you want to do is be liked by everyone else and avoid trouble. The only way that I ever got any place was by breaking some of the rules.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “A fool with a plan can beat a genius with no plan.” T. Boone Pickens
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” Steve Jobs
Check them out in full detail below
Ninety Years Of Lessons Learned: My Letter To The Class Of 2018
T. Boone Pickens (Forbes)
Arnold Schwarzenegger – USC
Arnold Schwarzenegger (YouTube)
Steve Jobs – Stanford
Steve Jobs (YouTube)